At Exclusivity by Design we often hear stories of how men who about to propose find the experience of buying an engagement ring intimidating. If you have opted to surprise your girlfriend and choose the ring yourself you now face a foreign world of diamonds, design choices, pressure to up your budget to find the ring that a jeweller assures you will be perfect for your girlfriend etc
We don’t believe this is the right way to choose a ring. This is an important moment in your life and like all big moments it should be fun. You should be guided through the process by us, the experts, so regardless of what your budget is we would like to help you to make the journey as painless as possible.
Here are some ways can help you.
• If your budget is R20,000 or R300,000 we can help find the ring for you
• Is bigger always better? In our opinion definitely not. The colour and clarity of a stone is just as important (if not more) as the carat weight and we can advise and source the best stone for you.
• We have created many engagement rings from the small to the large, classic design to art deco, rose gold to platinum so we have a few years experience and we love to share our knowledge.
• Have a look at as many designs as possible before choosing “the one”. Does your partner normally wear yellow or white gold, does she prefer a classic styles or prefer to make a statement?
• Take your time. This is a special piece of jewellery that your future wife will wear for the rest of her life so it’s important to get it right.
• If you want to personalise your engagement ring, we can engrave a special message on the inside of the band for you.
• Once you have bought a ring we offer a free thorough check and/or ultrasonic clean as part of the Exclusivity by Design service.
Ps. Remember we will need a finger size for the ring so if your proposal is a surprise you might have to be a little inventive!